Patch Tuesday (2nd Tuesday of Every Month) is now a fairly common phrase in business. This is the day that Microsoft tends to release security patches to address the flaws and vulnerabilities found in its products. I cannot stress enough how important it is to keep your software up to date.
But did you know that today is (unofficially) Patch Monday? Well you do now. The last Monday of the month tends to be the day when other software vendors, Apple, Adobe, Google (Chrome) and Mozilla (Firefox) make their security updates public. These patches do sometimes appear earlier if you search the vendor websites.
Todays main security patches are now available for;
- Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application – v4.6.0 and earlier versions
- Adobe Coldfusion – v2018 2018.0.0.310739, v2016 Update 6 and earlier, v11 Update 14 and earlier
- Adobe Flash Player – v22.214.171.124 and earlier
- Adobe Acrobat Reader – DC Continuous 2018.011.20058 and earlier, 2017 Classic 2017.011.30099 and earlier, DC 2015 2015.006.30448 and earlier versions
- Google Chrome – Before 69.0.3497.100
- Mozilla Firefox – Before 62.0.2/ESR 60.2.1
If you don’t have any of these packages then you have nothing to worry about……. for now anyway, and you should also have their appropriate auto-update features enabled.
Please feed back if this information is useful. I will also be providing Patch Tuesday information next month.